Moong Dal Sprouts, Spring Onions, Carrots & Beans Tikki/Patty with Avocado Dip
Foods with low Glycemic Index which includes complex Carbohydrates, Healthy Fats and Plant-based Protein rich in Antioxidants should form an essential part of the Meal Patterns of a PCOD Dietary Regime!
Such foods help to lower Insulin Resistance which is a major challenge of PCOD and also helps to maintain desirable Blood-Sugar Levels.
The Moong dal Sprout Tikki with a rich mix of Spring Onions’ green and white along with a liberal mix of Carrots, Beans and finely chopped Capsicum not only have a very interesting flavour but also make it a Fibre rich complete meal. Adding ground Flaxseeds, Ginger and Green chilli further adds to the Nutritive Value. Flaxseeds have a perfect Balance of Omega 3 to Omega 6 Fatty Acids which is just so essential for lowering the Inflammatory Markers.
To make Four Medium Sized Tikkis/Patty,
- Moong Dal sprouts- 100gms
- Chopper Onion (Both Green & White portion)- 100gms
- Capsicum, Carrots, Beans Finely chopped- 100gms
- One teaspoon each of finely chopped Ginger, Fresh Coriander and de-seeded Green Chilli as per taste
- Two Tablespoon of Oats Powder
- Two tablespoons Dry Roasted and Ground Flaxseed Powder
- Salt & Black Pepper Powder according to Taste
- Two teaspoons of Fat to cook the Patty
Steam the well sprouted Beans till they are just a little soft.
- Water Saute the Vegetables and allow them to cool.
- Coarsely Mash together all these Vegetables and Sprouts.
- Add two tablespoons each of Oats Powder and Flaxseed Powder.
- Add Ginger, Coriander, Green Chilli and the Spices and make four Tikkis/Patty out of the mix.
- Grill in an oven or cook on a Skillet with minimum Oil.
- Use them as a filling for a wrap made of Ragi, Black Gram and Amaranth Flour.
To add flavour and make it into a complete meal, have the wrap with a dip of Hung Curd with a variety of Spices or Guacamole as per taste.