Energy Powerhouse is a very interesting but simple way of Incorporating important Vitamins and Minerals in our daily Meal pattern to Boost our Immunity .
Let us first make Energy Powerhouse has a very Healthy mix of Nuts and Seeds coupled with the ever popular and Nutritious Makhanas or Lotus Seeds .
Ingredients for Energy Powerhouse:
- 100 gms Almonds
- 50 gms Cashews
- 50 gms Sunflower Seeds
- 50 gms Pumpkin seeds
- 50 gms Watermelon or Muskmelon Seeds
- 50gms Flax seeds
- 25 gms Sesame Seeds
- 100gms Makhana / Lotus Seeds
- Black salt and Black Pepper according to taste
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- Dry roast both the Nuts in a heavy bottomed pan on slow heat till they are nice and Crunchy .Keep aside .
- Roast all the Seeds together till they splutter .
- Dry roast Makhanas and keep aside .
- Put all the Roasted Ingredients together in a deeper and bigger pan. Add melted Ghee and the Spices to these and mix well on slow fire for two to three minutes .
- A handful of this Mix makes a very nourishing as well as tasty Midday Snack as well as goes very well with the evening cup of Tea .
- Being a rich Source of Macro and Micro Nutrients it gives satiety value as well as sustains Energy till it’s time for next meal.
- The ratio of Nuts and Seeds can be adjusted as per choice, however the above ratio provides a hearty combination of Carbohydrates and Protein coupled with Good Fats .
- Along with Seeds Nuts are Good Sources of Antioxidants because of their Zinc, Selenium, Manganese , Copper as well as Vitamin E and several B group Vitamins content .
- Nuts are also a good source of other Essential Nutrients like Calcium, Iron, Potassium and Magnesium.
- All these are important for maintaining Good Bone Health, heart Health as well as for increasing Insulin sensitivity hence preventing type 2 diabeties.
- The Good Fats maintain the Blood Cholesterol levels.The Fibre content of Makhanas makes them good for maintaining Sugar levels as well as adding volume to an otherwise calorie Dense Snack.
- They are known for their Anti inflammatory properties because of their Fibre content as well as for maintaining Kidney Health.
- With all these Varied advantages and the simplicity of Makhanas l am sure this should make a Healthy and welcoming snack for all Age groups.